Monday 4 August 2008

NYC - Peru

Nightmare! I hate travelling and all other people!
I was up for over 24 hours trying to get to my bed in Lima. I had to speak Spanish all day or Spanonsense is probably more accurate. I honestly hated the whole day and wanted very much to fly to heathrow instead, but I didn´t so yey me!

I arrived here in Lima at about 2.30 and I am staying in the most extraordinary hostel. It´s in an old building, which has the feel of walking into a church, heavy stone everywhere and grandeur of old. I asked wearily at the reception desk if they had any rooms for one..."si" he said "yours is this...with bathroom". That perked me up. Not only that but I have a double bed! Result!

Lima has many stray dogs and people who want you to buy things off them. Is that what they call culture shock?
I went for a wlak around the city today. It was warm-ish and I had on kneee length trousers and a light jumper and flip-flops. I stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the locals in their jeans, coats and scarves. Quickly nipped into nearest shop and bought me a pair of jeans. Best purchase I ever made..it stopped the people staring!

I made it to Peru and I can´t bloody believe it!

No comments: