Thursday 28 August 2008

My first week in Cusco

I stayed at Loki Hostel in Cusco and the first day I arrived there at 7am, very disorrientated after a flight at 5 and getting up at 2 when the couple next door had very noisy sex for the third time that week! The staff were verhy friendly and after locating a free bed for me they showed me the communal areas....this view was my first introduction to Cusco, absolutely breathtaking!


This was the view from my bedroom window.
The view was by far the bext thing about my room. I was in a dorm with about 10 other people, which seemed fine to start with, but then the stinky-ass boys came who couldn't handle their beer, made the room smell of a delightful combination of stale, beer, sweat and bad breath. To top it off one guy, whilst I was gathering my things for the day, sprinted out of bed, grabbed the bin and vomited into it whilst simulaneously blocking the doorway....mmmm, nice! He then had the decency to put the bin back where it was and climb back in to bed. Lovely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what an adventuress you are! braving the habits, not to mention puke, of 10 complete strangers.

the view looks phenomenal, can't wait to hear more

Anonymous said...

doh! i meant adventurer!

adventuress of course means someone (probably in a henry james or jane austen novel) who wants to marry well in financial terms.

Amelia said...

Not sure if I'm doing to well on the marrying well front, but adventuress I am nontheless x