Saturday 4 October 2008

Machu Pichu!!!

I've been to Machu Pichu. That seems so much more incredible now that I'm writing it down...I knew that would happen. At the time it felt like standing in a ginormous postcard and I didn't really feel like I was there. It really is a beautiful place and its incredible that they could've built a city so high up....like a little world in the sky, amongst the clouds. I wish our guide knew anything atall about the place, but hye didn't say much and he seemed to be making up what he did say.





The whole trek was full of mind-blowing scenery and Machu Pichu was no exception, but honestly, seeing Salkantay knocked me off my feet more. I think it's because there are so many tourists at Machu Pichu and it's a picture you've seen so many times before that the experience feels more unreal, but being at the foot of Salkantay, I was alone and it was quiet and I felt like....not of myself anymore, it was wonderful.

Nevertheless, I've been to MachuPichu and it was beautiful.

When I think of Machu Pichu I'll always think of the funny, odd and wonderful people I was there with. I love my Salkantay buddies!

No comments: